- 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces baby Spinach, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
For the dressing:
Add 3/4 cup strawberries, white wine vinegar, basil, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
For the salad:
Toss the spinach, cheese, walnuts, and remaining 1/4 cup strawberries in a large bowl and lightly drizzle with dressing.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed fresh strawberries
In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla, strawberries, and food coloring. Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.